Friday, April 24, 2009

Will Work For Disney World

It's time for me to talk about the biggest passion in my life... Walt Disney World! I'm sure that I will write many many blurbs on WDW throughout my time blogging. I figure i'll kinda have this be an "intro to WDW" so you can hear about my past trips.

My first WDW trip was in November of...'97? I was in the 4th grade. When my dad was alive he always said he wanted to take me to Disney World. That was his big dream for me. Sadly, my dad passed away when I was 6 and he never got to take me to WDW. My mom saved up enough money by the time I was 9 to take me to what would soon become my favorite place in the whole wide world. The trip was totally awesome. I was still pretty young and don't remember a ton now thinking back on it. I remember loving Horizons (RIP) and Spaceship Earth. I wanted to walk around the "countries" in Epcot all day. That was just the coolest. "There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" became engraved in my brain forever. The spinning clowns in Spectromagic scared the crap outta me. And, of course, I met Mickey Mouse for the very first time and it was seriously "magical."

Every trip since then has been totally different and totally awesome. In '01, my mom and brother took me and we also went to Universal Studios for the first and only trip I probably will ever make there. Bleh. It didn't compare. This was the year that I was afraid of everything. I wouldn't do almost anything at Universal and I wouldn't do Haunted Mansion at Magic Kingdom. Then in '03 and '04 I went with Campus Life and had great experiences. We only went to Magic Kingdom for one day both years. The very first year was cool because I got to show two of my friends around the park and then the second year my brother and sister-in-law were there vacationing at the same time so I got to spend the day with them. 2005's trip was my junior year and I got to get outta school for a week and make all my friends super jealous. The only bad part was that I had to miss my junior prom to go. The day after my high school graduation I hopped on a plane with Matt, my brother, and sister-in-law, and headed to WDW for a week. I didn't even go to my senior grad bash! During my entire graduation I couldn't even be sad about leaving high school... I was going to WDW in 12 hours! haha! This trip was Matt's first trip and I was SCARED. We were engaged at this point and he had heard me talk about WDW for 2 years and I was so nervous that he would not "get it." I really didn't know if I would have stayed with him if he didn't. Luckily, our first ride was Spaceship Earth and about 5 minutes into it he looks over at me and says as if he is 5 years old, "This is so cool!" I started to choke up right then and I knew that everything was going to be okay.

Post HS trips consisted of my AMAZING honeymoon in 2007, an anniversary trip in 2008, and my first mother/daughter trip in September of 2008. No trip will ever top my honeymoon. It was so freakin' crazily awesome. It was one dose of magic after another. Cast members really went out of their way for us and made us feel so special. Every day was just perfection.

I've been so blessed to be able to go so often and I never take a single day at WDW for granted. The minutes that i've spend at WDW are among the very best of my life. It is the only place that can make me forget about everything wrong in the world. I don't believe in a lot of things in this world. I have "lack of faith" in most areas of life. But, at WDW, I seriously and honestly believe in magic. I SEE it. I FEEL it. Being there isn't like being anywhere else.

Please don't judge WDW if you've never been there. Don't think it's just a place for kids. Don't think it's only for families. Just... don't think anything. haha. JUST GO! Trust me... you will not regret it! :)

-Dreaming of Disney

3 comments:

  1. *sigh* I love WDW and Disneyland. I think I might have to blog about my past trips too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I found out some whackos were reading my blog. Can you go into your Dashbord...and then to "manage" the blogs you follow. And "stop following" the MrsBee Blog. (The American Idol blog is staying up. Just not my personal blog.)

    thanks a million.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I just got this message. Will do!

    ReplyDelete