Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Scuba Steve... Damn You!

Ever get in one of those moods to watch certain movies? Like, you start quoting the movie in your head for about a half hour. Certain quotes replay over and over in your head.

There are only select movies that I feel this way about often. Normally, something trips me off during the day and I feel like I HAVE to watch that movie as soon as I possibly can.

Big Daddy - This is one movie that I think I can quote scene by scene. Cute kid. Cute script. And I adore whats her names voice. It's so squeaky and cute.

13 Going on 30 - It's such a feel good movie. I've found that many guys love this movie and will openly admit it.

Goodfellas - This one comes up about once a month if not more often. It's such a well made movie. It's one of the only 2+ hour movies that I don't get antsy watching. It can hold my attention... and that says something.

Empire Records - This goes down in history as my all time favorite movie. Kids work in a record store and are trying to save it. They are all messed up in their own way. It's brilliant and should be re-released. End of story.

Lilo & Stitch - Another feel good movie that makes me cry at the end for no reason at all except for the fact that it's totally happy and wonderful. Makes me feel good about life.

Walt: The Man Behind the Myth - Eeeek! Most amazing thing ever! I love memorizing all the facts. I love watching his family and friends talk about him with such love. Another movie that makes me shed a tear a couple of times. When I hear him say the dedication to Disneyland... I lose it because his voice sounds just like my dad.

Super Size Me - Morgan Spurlock is a freakin' genius.

Friends - I know it's not a movie but I often find myself wanting to watch Friends. Normally it's during a really bad day. I can just pop in "The One With All The Resolutions" and laugh instantly.

Any of you have movies that you feel you are subconsciously addicted to?

Link to Disney World blog: http://disney-nerd.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

  1. Did you ever see a video of the Remember...Dreams Comes True fireworks at Disneyland. They are amazing and give me chills...especially when Walt speaks.

    I am a HUGE Empire Records fan. This is one of my favorite scenes - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hezqVcZitkY Love the line "I don't feel that I need to explain my art to you, Warren."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's a decent (but blurry) video of those fireworks. It's long but so worth the watch...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ibxCo_IGfs

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA! Okay, as soon as I was reading "This is one of my favorite scenes..." I thought of THAT scene. It's ICONIC! So happy you chose that one. :) I really wish people could get the chance to appreciate that movie nowadays. It was way ahead of its time. That kind of comedy fits in now.

    I will watch that video on my lunch! I told Matt about it and he's excited to watch it, too.

    Also... a guy is using the ATM outside and I can hear him scream, "F*&%! I ain't got anything in it!" hahahah... don't that suck...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you get a chance to watch the fireworks video?

    ReplyDelete