Monday, September 28, 2009

Something To Look Forward To...

Clearly, I haven't updated my blog in quite some time. I haven't really had much to talk about publicly lately. No need to ramble about nothing, right?

Although, this morning I got on Twitter and Paste Magazine posted that right now there is a Sam Cooke biopic being penned. The film will be based on a biography written in 2005.

http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2009/09/sam-cookes-music-label-is.html

I grew up listening to Sam Cooke. My mom had this old American Bandstand video tape that I used to watch almost every single day growing up. I still watch it even now! Basically it shows performances from some great rock 'n' roll performers from the 50's and 60's. Of course I had my favorites and Sam Cooke was one of them. When I would get to Sam's performance of "You Send Me" i'd sit ridiculously close to the television and swoon everytime he did his little lip biting thing. Sam had the silkiest voice i've ever heard. He sang the heck out of absolutely anything. Sam had such amazing control over his voice.

Still to this day no other male singer can compare to him. His ability to stand perfectly still on a stage and still be totally captivating is what makes him stand apart from the rest.

Sadly, Sam Cooke was murdered in 1964 when he was only 33 years old. The way his death played out has been speculated for years. It seems as though no one really knows what happened and who was to blame. I just hope they play this off well in the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment