Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Living with Ellie - Everyone Poops

Updated on Ellie's health...
The vet checked her out and said that he wasn't sure what could be wrong but that her anus was swollen and red and we have to keep an eye on that until Thursday.  If she's still not eating or pooping then we have to take her back in to see him.

Luckily, last night around 11 p.m. she pooped!  She did drag her rear on the ground a bit though.  This morning she also pooped but didn't drag so maybe it's clearing up.  We may have to put Vaseline on her butt if it's still red tonight.  She also started eating properly again at breakfast this morning.  We'll see how she eats at lunch.

I can really tell that Matt has a bond with her that I think he wasn't expecting.  He really does find her undeniably adorable and loves having her around.  He started blowing into her face when she play bites him and it seems to be working so I think I'm going to start doing that. 

I think I'm going to take a break from all this poop talk and write about some other interesting things.

2 comments:

  1. Graham didn't even really want a dog and I don't think he even liked her much in the beginning. But now...he adores her. It's great.

    And isn't it funny how concerned we get about our pets and their bowel movements...haha! Glad she's doing better!

    Oh, and if you notice her scooting a lot in the house and her rear is kind of stinky...you may need to have her anal glands emptied. That's one thing I never knew about until I had a dog. Pretty gross.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah a few people have told me about the anal gland thing. Nasty! Haha!

    ReplyDelete