Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Wednesday Wrap-Up


It's time to talk about things just randomly on my mind lately.  It's not Friday so I can't say "Four For Friday."  Dangit.

Guilty Pleasure Television

What can I say?  I'm a t.v. junky.  Get me hooked on a show and you best not interrupt me until the commercials come on.  Right now I find myself looking forward to specific shows every week.  It usually makes my night to see a great episode. 

A new season of "Weeds" just started back up and got off to a good start.  I'm going to miss Alanis though if this is really going to be the end of her.  On Tuesdays I watch "19 Kids and Counting" featuring the awesome Duggar family.  Right after that it's time to indulge in seeing teenagers try and be good parents on "Teen Mom."  Watching Farrah virtually let her daughter play with matches all while allowing herself to get scammed out of $3,000 is television gold.  Catelynn and Tyler 4 Ever.  <3

Wednesdays I watch "The Real World" which makes me yell at Ryan through my television.  I feel like there is also something on Thursdays that I watch and I just can't remember what it is.  Help me out if you know.

Musica

This weekend I saw my favorite band Rooney open for my old favorite band, Hanson.  Funny how things work out, huh?  Anyhoo, both ROCKED and I had such a great time in Chicago that I almost cried driving home. 

My friend Ed got me hooked on a new band called Gold Motel.  The lead singer, Greta, once sang lead for The Hush Sound.  I never listened to them but I sure do love Greta's voice.  If you're interested in checking them out I suggest the songs "Summer House" and "Stealing The Moonlight." 


Meryl Streep

t is now my goal to see all of her major films by the end of the year.  I recently fell in love with her after seeing "It's Complicated" in the theaters twice.  So far I've seen "Kramer vs. Kramer" and "Sophie's Choice."  I highly recommend them both.  Not sure what my next pick will be but let's just say I'm glad I've seen "Mamma Mia" already so I won't have to watch it again.

4 comments:

  1. I love musicals but I didn't really care for Mamma Mia either. Although I did enjoy Chris Klein's audition for it! Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris Klein's audition? Say what?!

    Mamma Mia is my 2 year old niece's favorite movie. Haha. Weird but she is just enchanted with it. I like the people in the movie but I just don't think the musical translates well to film. I like Abba just as much as the next person but I can't really sit through 2 hours of it. My brother did point out that you can see a small bit of Amanda Seyfried's nipple in one scene. Then he proceeded to show me by zooming into the screen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't seem to find it right now but it's out there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chris Klein's audition is hilariously bad!

    ReplyDelete