Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Happy Birthday, Vinnie!

Today is the day that we celebrate our cat's birthday!  Vinnie is 1 year old! 

We took Vinnie in right before Thanksgiving last year and has been the most wonderful addition to our family.  He's our "first born" and is the apple of my eye.  When we first got him, I didn't want him.  I didn't like cats and said I never would.  Somehow though, he worked his way into my heart.  We have a really special bond.  I love how he purrs all the time and how he has the biggest personality.

We got him a new crinkle sack to play with and a birthday card that we'll give to him tonight after I get home from work.  Lately he has taken a strong interest in the packaging and box that my bottled water comes in.  We call it his "water bed" and feel bad taking it away from him since he loves laying on it.  Now that we have the crinkle sack we'll take away the water bed.  : )

Here is to many more years with our amazing Vinnie.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Vinnie!

    The way you originally felt about getting a cat is basically how Graham felt about getting a dog. But now he loves Lucy so much! It's great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how things just somehow work out for the best when you expect it to be a nightmare.

    I find it funny because years ago Matt said he never wanted a small dog. Then here we get a small dog. Which he was okay with when we got Ellie. And now, that's one of the things that he loves about her. He always comments about how "cute and tiny" she is. He loves taking her with him in the car to pick me up from work. Too funny :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Side note: It was cute giving him his present yesterday. My MIL bought him a cat nip "hot dog" and brought it over before I got home from work. Haha!

    He will go in his crinkle sack but he's not too sure what to do with it yet. He sometimes tries to turn around in it and it rolls which freaks him out. Cute!

    ReplyDelete